loading images palazzo morichelli cortile palazzo morichelli camera matrimoniale appartamento n1 cortile palazzo morichelli appartamento2 salone delle conchiglie
  araldo morichelli

versione italiana
 
Palazzo Morichelli d’Altemps is undoubtedly the most impressive private buildings as well as being one of most beautiful historical buildings in Marche. Visible from three directions its presence adds character to the town.Since 1860, the Palazzo’s current structure has been brought about by a progressive plan and vision from the Mayor of San Ginesio,Earl of Aristide Morichelli d’Altemps who gave impetus to the creation of numerous urban interventions, high vision and financial commitmenthad an affect on areas of both public and private buildings.The restoration operation was by the engineer Tambroni, the last stretch of the “large street” was acquired after various buildings had been removed in order to make a wider and straighter access road through to the Alberico Gentile square, together with the regrouping and restructuring of three adjacent residential properties led to the current appearance of the Palazzo.
In 1852 The Count Aristide Morichelli d’Altempts and his brother Emerico, former tenants of the Count Raphael Brutes, bought the Palace furniture for 230 shields, then in 1874 the properties situated on the south to the tune of £7,000. In 1878 the earl of Aristide Morichelli d’Altemps purchased a “workshop” on the ground floor, later in 1881 the property was moved to the north. The renovation projects are the work of the engineer.
Incorporatedin Tambroni were the three properties which aligned the western façade with the new layout of the Scipione Gentile Street, care was taken to preserve existing parts such as the
palazzo morichelli
lounge located in the southern part with the rich decorations and pictorial representations. The kitchen features a large fireplace and then the “secret” spiral staircase consists of self-supporting monolithic stone placed in the shaft of a sixteenth-century tower. Over time the main staircase sobrio if not austere stone steps, were hand-made from the Piceno quarries. The façade includes the main entrance and three basic aligned square brick windows on the ground floor; sought after were those from the main floor; less elaborate were those from the top floor.The presence of the “Neo Egyptian” additions in the corniceabove the windows on the main floor highlight the interest for the Egiziaco style, confirmed by Gods, Sphinxes and Egyptian motifs shown in the decoration of some of the ceilings.Almost all of the barrel and plaster molded wooden ceilings of the rooms on the first and second floors feature pictorial decorations of the times, these are warped due to different painters and decorators,perhaps also Senigalliese Enrico Pietro Andreani & Giovannetti, who from 1875, worked in the beautiful City Theatre and other private Palaces of San Ginesio. The images, either monochromatiche or polychromatic, are a quite varied topic; we find classical figures like Bacco and Arianna or the muse Erato, others in the Egiziaco style like Ermete Trismegisto, as well as geometric and floral decoration.
cortile notturna Thanks to the members of his family, Morichelli d’Altempt’s Palazzo was the center of reference during the cultural and political unrest that characterized the Italian renaissance in the second half of the nineteenth-century. Ilarione Morichelli d’Altemps and his son Aristide Morichelli d’Altemps in fact covered important positions, the first of the Provisional Committee of Government during the revolution of 1831, second in the administration in the papal administration on a local provincial level and was one of the thirteen members of the annexation of the Province of Macerata who signed the manifesto calling the plebiscite for the territory.
The Palazzo then became a reference point and meeting place for local and National Political figures as well as Intellectuals of great importance as testified by a correspondence and visits with Massimo d’Azeglio, Aghemo of Perno who was head of the Cabinet of the King Vittorio Emanuele ll, Alexander Dumas, the Aristocracy families of Marche Region, including that of the family Leopardiof Recanati. In the second half of 900s, building had experienced a period of decline due to different factors such as the crisis of large estates; land in the countryside was abandoned in favor of industrial development in the small towns and cities. With the absence of family members and consequent lack of building maintenance, aggravated by a series of earthquakes, this also contributed to the decay of structure of the Palazzo. In recent times, the family Morichelli d’Altemps renewed interest for the Palazzo and its origin, gave impetus to work on the restoration and conservation in order to bring back the structure to its former glory. The Palazzonow finely restored,it has an agreement declared under the Superintendence for Environmental and Architectural heritage of the Marche Region by degree of the Ministry of Cultural Heritage; it is the subject of renewed interest from the Ginesina and Marchigiana community, which is being demonstrated with the events organized by the FAI, Centro Studi Gentiliani and other local and provincial cultural associations.